CPCQA Specification Certification
How to Specify CPCQA Certification
1. Architectural and Structural Precast Concrete Products
- Precast concrete manufacturers to be certified to Canadian Precast Concrete Quality Assurance (CPCQA) Certification Program in [Architectural Precast Concrete Products, A1,] [Subcategory AT], [Precast and Prestressed Bridge Products, B,] [Subcategory] [B1] [BA1] [B2] [BA2] [B3] [BA3] [B4] [BA4] [Commercial Precast and Prestressed Concrete Products (Structural), C,] [Subcategory] [C1] [CA1] [C2] [CA2] [C3] [CA3] [C4] [CA4] [Precast Concrete Drainage Products, D,] [Subcategory] [D1] [Standard Products, S] prior to the time of bid.
- Precast fabrication to meet the requirements of CAN/CSA-A23.4-16, including Annexes A and B, together with PCI MNL-116 and 117 and CPCQA certification requirements.
- Only precast elements fabricated under the CPCQA plant certification program to be acceptable, and plant certification is to be maintained for the duration of fabrication, [erection,] and until warranty expires.
2. Concrete Pipe, Manhole Sections, and Precast Concrete Drainage Product
- Precast concrete drainage products, not included in Section 1, to be supplied from a manufacturer that is prequalified by the Canadian Precast Concrete Quality Assurance (CPCQA) Certification Program prior to the time of bid.
- Circular and elliptical concrete pipe and fittings to meet the requirements of [CSA A257 Series] [OPSS 1820] [ASTM] [C14] [C76] [C507].
- Circular concrete manhole and catchbasin components to meet the requirements of [CSA A257 Series] [OPSS 1351] [ASTM C478].
- Precast concrete box units with span less than or equal to 3m to meet the requirements of [OPSS 1821] [ASTM C1433].
- All precast concrete drainage products covered in this Section to be marked in accordance with the relevant manufacturing standard in a position readily visible for inspection. The CPCQA certification logo as shown below is also to be marked on every precast concrete component.
What important benefits do owners, architects engineers and contractors receive?
- Easy identification of plants committed to fulfill the highest level of certification available in North America.
- Assurance that bidders have demonstrated their ability to manufacture quality products and have an ongoing quality system in place.
- Certified manufacturers with a confirmed capability to produce superior products and systems.
- The job will be done right the first time - saving time, money and headaches.
- Quality products help speed erection and reduce construction time.
- Deal with established producers who have earned a reputation for superior, reliable workmanship.
- No additional cost to you - CPCQA Certified manufacturers pay all certification fees.
- Increased assurance to owners and designers that CPCQA Certified manufacturers will furnish products ideally suited for each project
© 2018 All rights reserved.